What you’ll need
1 package tortellini (not frozen)
2 cups of canola oil
2 cups of flour
2 cups of Italian bread crumbs
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Marinara sauce for dipping ( I used about half a jar)
- Boil tortellini according to the package, drain when finished
- While the tortellini is cooking mix ¾ of a cup of parmesan cheese in with the Italian bread crumbs in a large bowl.
- Whisk Eggs in a different bowl and set aside.
- Place flour in yet another bowl and set aside.
- In medium size frying pan heat oil on medium heat.
The Main Event
- Once the tortellini is drained, dredge them in the flour first, followed by the eggs and lastly the bread crumb/ parmesan cheese mix.
- Place the tortellini in a single layer in frying pan.
- Cook tortellini until they are golden brown (about 2-3 minuets on each side)
- Remove from heat and place on paper towel to catch excess oil.
- Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese.
- Heat up your marinara sauce (I just popped it in the microwave.)
Serve right away, they are perfect as an appetizer for a dinner party, or even as your meal for a simple dinner at home.